Friday, March 25, 2016

GoPro Cameras and Technology


I bought a GoPro Hero4 Black camera yesterday. They are TINY. But they shoot 4K, which means cinematic film quality, something I want for my documentary on Sailing Wild Betty Home.  Now all I have to do is make another $350 or so to buy the the editing software I need (Final Cut ProX) and some sound equipment, and I think I'll be good to go. Just figuring out what camera(s) and technology to buy has been a challenge. The days when I got by with a Pentax camera my uncle brought back from Vietnam, are long gone. I love this camera. It DOES shoot film quality High Definition stuff, but the challenge is making sure it's on a steady tripod, or not moving around and shaking. The second part is facing the fact I am no beauty queen and look old on film. I've never been photogenic really...well, after the age of 30. So, there you go. Some days I think I should have just bought the boat and done all this after...but so many friends wanted me to document it that it just wormed its way into my head and set up camp. And it is a good idea...who better to tell a story of this magnitude than a story teller?

No comments:

Post a Comment