Thursday, April 7, 2016

I'm still here!


What has me standing on a stage got to do with sailing? A lot. I was selected as one of ten people out of 40 applicants to pitch my business idea, The Virginia Entrepreneur, at TomTom Fest. It's a pretty big deal. The winner gets $5,000 and an office at the iLab at the Darden Business School at the University of Virginia. It means the winner also becomes part of their accelerated incubator project and spends 40 hours a week at the iLab working on their business. Lots of advantages there for me if I win. The big deal is I get to pitch my business to the community here. Prayers, crossed fingers and positive thoughts welcomed! The competition is April 13, 2016 - next Wednesday, so I'll keep you posted. It's a fantastic opportunity, win or lose, but I hope I win, or if I lose I hope it's to my friend David Durovy at the Post Institute.

No comments:

Post a Comment