Saturday, April 9, 2016

Regrets

"Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed in the things you DIDN'T DO rather than in the things you DID."

One of the most painful parts of this journey has been coming to terms with the regrets I have for my own life/journey. And, like the quote says, my regrets are for NOT doing the things I'm thinking about doing now. I wish I had learned to sail 30 years ago when I had the chance. I wish I had learned to manage money better. I wish I'd thought about what I wanted in life rather than just crashing blindly through one thing after another. I had a great life, but it might have been a lot better if I'd been more focused and organized. I might have been better prepared to take on this challenge.

That's not to say I'm sitting around throwing a pity party for one. I'm not. I've hired people to teach me what I want to know. I'm learning the things I put off and I'm acting on things NOW. It's never too late to do most of what you want to do. The longer you put it off, the harder it gets. This journey is about regrets - and about making sure you THINK about what the regrets in your life are so you can take action now. Regrets are so uniquely painful....don't die with regrets. Just don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment